Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Who will it be?

This Last weekend, Eric and I were looking to relax. Hahaha He got a call from Kevin and helped him out with some patio blinds. That is one of the great things about family living so close. Always around and willing to help. I am so glad Eric and Kevin have a good relationship. That was always important to me growing up. I love seeing them run off and try to get into trouble. I think responsibility kicks in before they cause any real damage though. So Eric helped him all day pretty much. I think, I mean I KNOW there was playing too.
I went with my mother to a wedding of an old friend I grew up with. It was a pretty wedding and the dress was amazing! It sprinkled a little but not enough to worry about.

I got home and Eric and I went straight to bed. We set our alarms for 6:45 and I woke up at 6:34 according to Erics clock. Well I laid in bed waiting for the alarm. and at 6:48 (Erics clock) I realized my alarm didn't go off. So I check my phone and what do you know, it's 5:48. SWEET!!! Day light savings!!! I love fall and the extra hour. Pus it is easier to get up in the morning. now if only it could last.
So we got up and got ready at a good steady pace. We went to my brothers ward for his church meeting. He was blessing his baby. IT was fun to have almost the whole family there. We were just missing our Utah residents. Kevin gave a great blessing and Maeve looked so stinkin cute in her blessing dress. After wards we went to the "after party" as my nephew put it and we had lunch at their house and hung out. We planned our cookie exchange and progressive dinner. Sometimes it bothers me to hear people wanting to change how we do traditions. I often wonder if it hurts my mom to hear those suggestions too. Mom loves having her family around and loves having her own family traditions. but... another year was saved. I THINK I am looking forward to cramming 30+ people into my little home. It'll just be long enough to have hot chocolate and scat!
So it's just now 7:10... Election booth are closed.... I'm almost sick to my stomach thinking the worst could happen. I guess we just need to pray for the best and if the worst happens, then Pray for some strength, courage, and patience and keep in mind... 4 more years.

1 comment:

  1. Well I feel like the biggest jerk in the world! I didn't even know Kevin had a baby?? That is so awesome! Tell him congratulations. And post a picture, unless he has a blog and can do it himself... :-)

    ReplyDelete