Tuesday, November 4, 2008

October has come and gone!

WEW! Can we say freakin busy?! One day I will be able to post sooner than 2 weeks after an event! Haha. Maybe not. Procrastination is something I’m working on. I’ll let you know how it goes when I get around to it. ;)


SO November… Voting day. Hope you all went out and made the RIGHT choice. I went early. If you haven’t done it, get off your butt!!!

October was so much fun. October was so busy. October is over and I am thankful for that!
We started off the month with decorating… or I should say I decorated and Eric threw spiders in the webs. Eric and I had a couple over for dinner. A guy I went to high school with who had just graduated from Metro Academy. So we had him over so Eric could pick his brain. It was nice because he had just gone through it all. At the end I felt more at ease with this idea/move. I believe it will be a good one for Eric, us and our future. Now just finding the time and guts to make that move. *sigh* This was a Friday. Saturday Eric and I got up to go take my brothers family pictures. They got all ready and then it rained. And was windy. We opted for Sonic and Tiffany and I went out to Mohlers to help Sarah with her hair. Honestly I was there for support. A friend had it in her mind that I could really do that… I am sure I could but, lack of confidence. Just another something I am working on. I am sooooo grateful I asked her to go. May have been a mess. So after we headed to Tiffany’s house and the guys had gone shooting with the other brothers and family. We got to their house about the same time. Tiff and I headed out for some shopping and Kohls differs SOOOO much from one side of town to the other. I often spend my lunch in the Kohls near work and usually I just browse. But because of winter and my successful diet, I found and felt I needed some new pants. So at lunch I tried on a pair. Memorized brand and size color and even the cheesy belt they throw in. Well that night with Tiff they had every other size but the one I needed. (Positive thinking… yay I’m average again!) So I talked myself into the darker pair. I was frustrated so I grabbed the size I needed and bought em. Back at Tiffany’s and Kevin’s.. Those suckers were like 3 sizes too small!!! Same brand same size but apparently color affects the size. Haha. So I HAD to wait until Monday I took those to the other Kohls and got my jeans. Now the hard part is trying to get me to take them off to wash them. Kidding.

Well the next day, Sunday, we had a family birthday party. Usually hosted at moms but due to the non existent kitchen we moved to Cory’s. It was a potluck and thanks to Wells Fargo rewards and some extra gift card moolla from the wedding we had bought an air popper from Bed Bath and Beyond. FINALLY!
I love air popped popcorn so much. Well I thought it would be fun to bring that. So we did. It was questioned by some in laws and siblings but oh well I thought it was great and their kids loved it. Plus I have tons of kernels left over and that has become my new snack.


Friday the 18th… THE dinner of the month. I hosted my FIRST actual dinner party with more than one other couple. Infact I had 4 couples all together! Eric and I got up went and bought all our food, came home cleaned and relaxed, set up the table and place settings. And Eric started cooking around 2:30.
He made his grandma’s beef stroganoff , and DAMN it was soooo good. I am proud to say my husband cooks! AND it was only appropriate that we used the dutch oven his grand mother gave us. I’ll admit at first I was scared of the thing, like what if it broke, etc… but since then it’s been used as a common pot. I love it!
I was making Pumpkin soup and my mom had slipped out of town before I got her recipe, and while standing at Costco wondering what to do (Eric was off testing food/eating his pre lunch) These pre made soup things caught my eye. Oh and looky here they had pumpkin Bisque!!! I bought two packs of those and dumped those suckers in my crock pot.
Looks like I made it ALL day and it was so good. Tiffany and Kevin brought cookies, Rachel and Ben brought cup cakes with Black frosting… those were fun to watch others eat, and Kellee and Nicole brought a crap load of food from Nicole’s birthday the night before (which we went to). We ate, talked, carved pumpkins, and made caramel apples. So good!
Once everyone left, we put away food and went to bed! It was a long day for us but worth it! I’m going to see if he’ll make more this month.


On the 26th we did a Zombie Walk. IT was world Zombie day. Basically you dress up like azombie and walk with others like zombies. It's quite hilarious. So we did that and were done sooner than we thought... so we walked Fremont street. IT took us THREE hours from one side to the other and back. It was so much fun though. We messed with people, crept up on them, walked at them as they took pictures. Took pictures of them taking pictures of us... etc... Fun fun!


The 29th was Kevin’s birthday, Eric and I wanted to go to dinner… then so did Sister Shelly. In the end we had 15 people. Kevin only knew about 6 I believe. But he was surprised to see Eric and me sitting at a huge table! It was fun.

Halloween, Originally we were both going to be Zombies again. My face didn't like that idea at all. The make up and fake skin from the Walk made me break out worse than a teen hitting puberty!
It was terrible. So as I lay in bed at 4:30 in the AM on Halloween I ran every piece of clothing through my head and thoguh what could I be..... Rosie the Riveter!! Tiffany was that last year and I thought... how freakin easy. So I grabbed my red bandana and went to walmart. The one by our house didnt have a single pair of overalls. so I called my dad and asked him if he had some. You never realize how tall your dad is until you try to stretch out in his coveralls. Unfortunately I couldn't stretch far enough. So I drover towards work and hit the walmart over there. BINGO! The only pair without a size... and I tried them on and sure nuff they fit. Probably the best costume to work in. Keeps you warm, and its comfy. After work I did Eric's make up and they we headed to mom's for DOUGHNUTS... mmmmm those are my absolute favorite thing about halloween! The family gathered slowly and somewhere through it all we wrote on the walls of the kitchen. Don't worry they will be covered soon. After some Chili and noodle salad and doughnuts of course, Eric and I headed to our friends Kellee and Nicole's for a party. They had more food and were just hanging otu talking. IT was fun. WE stayed until about midnight... and dang... we were tired. Came home, washed out faces and crawled into bed. October was officially over. sad face.

1 comment:

  1. Whew!! That is one long post!:-)

    1. Good job for voting, McCain that is!
    2. Awesome costumes! Loved them!
    3. Very creative pumpkins, they all turned out great!
    4. Happy Birthday to Kevin!
    5. Sarah's hair looked beautiful!
    6. Are your parents re-doing their kitchen??

    ReplyDelete