Friday, November 21, 2008

Maintain THIS!

I’ve been doing a rather radical job at maintaining my job, life, kitchen, and weight. Go me! This weekend I clean the crap out of my kitchen and through out the week I have done dishes right after I use them. Eric has even been super great and he’s been doing his too. Keep in mind he used to have a hard time even rinsing the darn things after using them. But we have both been doing well. Over the weekend we did our grocery shopping at Costco. 50 bucks under budget! Don’t know how we pulled that off but we did. Even had dinner at Costco too. Saturday was a LAZY day a well deserved and needed lazy day. Eric has been working OT for the past month or so. It has been wonderful on the bank account, but not so wonderful for sleeping, his back/body, and my schedule. I used to get up with him and make him breakfast but 2:30 am is too early for me. He’s been working long days, coming home working out and then he does what ever is needed (relaxing, helping my parents, or whatever) I’m very lucky to have husband who loves my family. He has been over to my parents a few times this week helping my dad with the kitchen remodel. It makes me happy that he does that without being asked. We got up early and just hung out. I attempted home made wheat thins. And was successful! Well not that last batch I forgot about… whoops but those are mysteriously all gone now too. So looks like we will be saving money with those for snacks!
So another eventful week has come and gone. I think Eric and I saw each other maybe one and a half nights all together. So sad!
Monday I had my first Pampered Chef meeting. When I walked in I was asked to pick a product up off the table and then sell it as we made this meal. I shocked myself and my director. Did better than expected. Of course it was a 2 quart batter bowl (classic batter bowl) and that’s like selling money to someone. I love those things. I learned a lot about the company and products and I’m still very excited to get moving. I ordered my consultant kit, and I get a crap load of neat stuff. Everything I need to start my business.

Tuesday is MAN Tuesday. This really hasn’t happened for a few weeks. Eric looks forward to it. He gets together with my brother and a childhood friend of mine and my brothers and they work on their cars or random projects and no wives. This week Man Tuesday was held at my mom’s house. She needed some stuff moved out of the way so she could get her ceilings scraped. No more popcorn! So my brother and Eric went over there and worked for a few hours. I came home and made dinner for us and we just hung out. Eric also went and picked up my glasses for me and I CAN SEE! They are hard to get used to, always something on your face and then your nose hurts… maybe because my left ear is lower than my right. Who knows?
Wednesday I was invited to a coupon class by my sister. I had heard about it but nothing more. Its very eye opening and VERY smart! I’m going to try the tips and tricks and see how it works out. Right now we spend 200 a month on groceries at Costco. But it’s the same ole same ole. I’m ready to try this and get some different food in my kitchen! I miss making the chicken and potatoes meal and different things. I’ll let you know how it works out!
Thursday after work Eric went to my sister’s children’s school to be a hero. They had a literacy night and they had celeb impersonators come in and they said these are our super stars on TV and in the movies. Then they had Eric (NAVY) my brother (Army) and some others (Firefighter, Police Officer) come in and they said these are our real superstars or heros. Then I guess everyone walked around and they could come up to them and talk. Eric was a real sport for doing that. I know it’s not his favorite thing to do. He had to shave off his side burns he had been working on.  After we went to my brother’s house and hung out for a little bit and then we crossed the street to my sisters and had some dinosaur nuggets for dinner. Eric has fun eating them.
Tonight I think we are going to use our free movie tickets and actually go se a movie. Maybe I’ll take my big purse and take some snacks!

1 comment:

  1. The coupon thing really works! I've got enough cereal right now to last us 6 months. Made grocery shopping really fun. I'm glad Eric feels so comfortable with the family. He fits in well!

    ReplyDelete