Sunday, November 23, 2008

O Christmas tree.... you are naked



This weekend was just another productive weekend. But first, Friday I got my pampered Chef kit in.... EARLY CHRISTMAS!!!! WEEEWWWW! ok... back to the schedules program. The laundry is done and ready to be packed or put away, our Christmas shopping is complete minus one person. Not to worry. My tree is up, but naked, the dishes are done, English toffee made, and my shopping list complete. WEW! Doesn't sound like much but throw in playing games, watching food network and visiting my dad and it takes a while to get it all done.
Saturday we "slept" in until about 8. We hung out and played games, ate breakfast. I downloaded my Pampered Chef Software. Wow I can tell it will help make life easier! About 11 we got dressed and went to my eye doctor to get my glasses adjusted, then over to the M&M sale at Ethel M. Not as great as I thought it would be. Then off to the mall! I heard Mervyns was going out of business so Eric and I took the opportunity to get him some church/dress/ shoes rather than wearing his old military dress shoes. I picked up some house slippers with the hard bottom so if I had to walk outside I could. I also got a new pair of socks. We picked up a few items for people on our list and headed to the rest. We hit about 3-4 more stores including the Wetzels Pretzels stand... mmmmm. Then across town to get stuck on the strip for another shop. Then we were done. On the way home we stopped my mom and dads house for my Tree. I wanted to get it up this weekend so we can enjoy it for the full month of December. We came home and I set the tree up. Instead of putting all together and then fluffing, I fluffed by the portion! so SMART! After hanging out we decided to go to bed. We put a movie on and Eric was out within 3 minutes. I of course stayed up. Some time during the night the power went out and reset everything! baaahhh! I was weird to wake up and see the clocks blinking. Well I rolled out of bed at 9? so much for church. :( Eric and I made breakfast together, Eggs with cheese and onions and then some bacon and toast. Mmmm it was good. I miss having breakfast with him. I cleaned up the house a bit and Eric did laundry. I put together a menu and shopping list for upcoming events; thanksgiving, cookie exchange, etc. Browsed food network and came across an English toffee that, 1 I had all ingredients, and 2, it was so easy!!! I debated on whether or not I should make it tonight. ehh why not. Let me tell you. It was so easy I made it twice! Eric couldn't keep his hands out of it! I barely had enough time to take a good picture of it. After all that the clean up was easy. I love my kitchen being clean. Maybe tomorrow I will go through it and pull out stuff we don't know we have.
All in all it was a great weekend. We are excited to get out of town and eat some awesome food with family. This will be my first Thanksgiving with my new family!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds busy, but that food sure does look YUMMY!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, would you mind sharing your toffee recipe? You are one productive woman! I remember those days. Our weekend was consumed of soccer, school house rock play, eagle court of honors, soccer parties, and church. Dang kids really put a wrench in things!!!! You sound really happy, Diana. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete