Friday, February 4, 2011

Let the count down begin!

Ladies and Gents, we are now in the Month of the due date!
I really can't believe how fast this has gone by. I am having more and more dreams of actually having Cru out, and when I wake up, he's still tucked away in my belly.

January was a busy month.
I had an appointment and was "grounded" to Las Vegas as you have read.
I missed my nieces shower in St. George, and I had to cancel the Arizona shower too.
but I did get a lot done here. The baby shelf arrived and is installed and filled with all of Cru's belongings. It did sit semi empty until the shower here.

Eric and I went to our last ultrasound on Jan. 25th. It was mainly to check on my placenta, which was sitting very low last time and is now sitting at the top where it should be, but we like to see our little guy too!
The ultrasound lady is the sweetest thing ever. I don't know how to describe it, but she is sweet and gets hilarious too.
After she took all of her measurements, she let us see Cru, we saw him making kissy faces and sticking his tongue out, saw his hands going and of course I was being kicked for all the poking and prodding ;)
Can't blame him!

Turn your head to the right and you have two dark spots for eyes, the nose and mouth

I will warn you, this may be offensive to some so turn back now...

you have been warned.

Next we explored to the Netherlands and BING!!! Two giant orbs just hanging out.
We got an "Oh my" from the tech and Eric asked "are those his balls?" Yep, baby Cru has some big balls apparently. It was then confirmed with a stamp of guarantee that he is in fact a boy... with balls. :)

We weren't able to get a picture of them, I think I was a little shy to ask for it but we got a cute face one. From what we saw he has squishy little cheeks! Aunt Myrinda will need a restraining order so she doesn't squish them off!
The tech then said she had bad news, ok not good. She said he is measuring a "teensy bit big"
WHEW! I can handle that, we already knew he was a week ahead, we then asked how big, and she said by two weeks.
NOTE* I have not been eating fertilizer!
She then offered the weight and she said she could sugar coat it if we'd like, but we took it without sugar, est. 6lb 9oz. I was only 35 weeks at the time and he was measuring 37 weeks... so by 38 weeks he can come out yes??? We will see.
On the first day of the 36th week I received an email from Babycenter.com. I get weekly updates about the growth of the baby and what not and it said "by now your baby is ALMOST 6lbs..." I laughed and said wow you're about a pound late!
I have a feeling I will have to hit my mom up for some "Cooking for an Army" lessons so I can feed these two!

Eric and I are READY to have this kid join us, I think the bed is ready too, it's working extra hard on my side for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment