Friday, February 4, 2011

Let it Shower!

On January 29th, the day after my birthday ;) my Sister Shelly threw me a pretty rad shower.
As she said "It was easy to put it together, it was the pulling it together that was tricky"
Thank you to my other sisters, Megan for helping with cupcakes, and my rad cousin Sherri for helping out a lot!

I had picked out Brown, Blue, Green, and Orange for the colors, and Owls to go with!

The invitations were provided by my sister Patti as her gift and I LOVE them!



The idea was to open gifts as they came so the guests weren't sitting and watching gift after gift.... We tried that but none of us had an idea as to how spoiled Cru is! So I opened gifts right from the start and it was so bad. Guests played guess how many diapers are in the box, a baby word scramble game and ate while I continued with the gifts.
It wasn't so bad, After I was able to say hi to most but not all that came. It is fun to see how many people you have in your life that love and support you. Or they just love your baby... haha who knows.
Thankfully we got all the essentials we needed and then some. There were only one or two items I had to pick up, like extra onsies, and night gowns for easy midnight changes.

Shelly was a really good sport about my "ideas" for the shower. I showered her a couple pictures of owl cupcakes and Her and Megan made it happen.


They were chocolate and strawberry swirl with cream cheese frosting! mmmm

We had Chicken Salad Sandwiches, a must for a shower and my favorite too, fruit and blue fruit dip, veggies, ham and pickle pinwheels, grape salad, and Im sure some other stuff.
For the "treat" table we had a mini buffet of my cravings!

Cotton Candy, Soft pretzels with cheese and jalapenos, and oreos.
That was heaven to this little boy!

It was a fun shower and I will even show you some pictures, but not many. And yes, the DREADED belly pictures are here too. Bleh!


Looking through all of the goods again.
Some cute little shoes!
Thank you to Char for being my scribe and to Suzy for being my trash lady/gift hander-over

*I really don't understand the fascination of belly pics... maybe one day I will. Maybe not.


3 comments:

  1. Again, I am so sorry I missed your shower. I did send my gift with Anya, so it kind of counts, right? lol I wish I could see your cute belly. I tried to make it to Kira's shower early enough cause I thought a pic with you me and her would be super cute with our belly bumps. Maybe next round. =P

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a fun & very cute baby shower! I loved that I wasn't forced to participate in game after game & the food was freaking delicious! Maybe it was the food that won me over now that I think about it... I'm kidding, you guys did a great job, & I'm very glad Cru is spoiled & that you have so many people who love & support you, because you freaking rock!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can answer that belly picture question. Because there is a FREAKING person inside there, and it is mind boggling. Its the only time in life when having a round belly is acceptable (don't I wish that WASN'T the case) and its really exciting to see them grow bigger and bigger every time you see a picture. At least that is why I like them.

    I know I wasn't invited (ahem...rude) to your baby shower (Of course I am kidding, because I live like 50,000 miles away). But I sewed you and CRU (I spelled that correctly this time, yes?) a little something something and want to send it along. Should I send that to your parents house? Because that is the only address I have.

    Aaaand. This is the longest comment ever. I win. :)

    ReplyDelete