Sunday, February 27, 2011

"I'll decide!"

The little saying, "I'll decide" has been one I grew up with. I am not 100% where it came from but I remember my mom saying it to my dad, and him saying it to her. Along with everyone in the family mimicking it. Well, Cru has picked up on this saying and it abusing it.
We tell him all the time to come out, he'll kick or squirm and you can just hear this voice with a little attitude look saying "I'll decide!"

So here we are, February 27, 2011, D-Day.
Nothing.... is happening....
Yay for me!

The past two weeks have felt like months! Painful long months.
I've been dialated to a 1 for a month, and still at last Wednesdays appointment, I got a "Maybe a 2" after talking to my sister, I guess that is out Doctors way of being nice and saying "You arent doing anything". Sad face. I was also told that if I make it to Mondays appointment we will schedule a room at the hospital and get this kid out! I still have 20 hours before my appointment... COME ON CRU!
Yesterday I had a really good day. By good, I mean I was able to run errands without as much pain. It's like the calm before the storm I'm guessing.

The other night Eric and I were laying in bed, and Cru decided to give us a show. I've only seen this on tv, but he had his feet going and you could see the outline to them. He was pushing hard!! Of course it was very painful to me but I was trying not to laugh. The next morning I felt the damage from his kicking. I could hardly walk.

We have his bed all ready, every gadget and gismo we could think of, we FINALLY picked a FULL name for this boy, my mom finished his warm blanket, and now we just wait. After we have all of this, which we thought he was waiting for, we still sit here waiting for him to "decide" when it is his time.

On to other news... after a year and a half... almost two years, of living in a one bedroom "apartment" with my parents for room-mates, Eric and I are moving out!
The goal was to buy once we got out, but the fact that we can't find a house to our liking, and also we aren't 100% on staying in Las Vegas, it is almost too hard to buy and be stuck.
With some luck, we found a house to rent!
In about two weeks we will be painting and moving into this new place. We are excited to have more than one room, not pay for storage, and not have to say, "Oh I have such item... but it is in storage."
Cru will get his own room too!
We have enjoyed the luxuries of living with my parents (see Eric's waistline), but it is way past time to head back out on our own.

Eric is rounding up the second semester at school and preparing for yet another.
For now his bike is "semi-finished" We were able to get new tires for it and all that is left is just cosmetic things. He has enjoyed it a lot, and I will say it has been fun watching him enjoy riding.

As for me, I've been nesting.... spinning my wheels and trying to find things to do without really going out or hurting myself. I've been uneasy about going out without Eric, I don't want something to happen and not have him there. Also part of the time I am worse than a cripple! Getting out of the car, stepping up things... sometimes I just want to get a scooter and join the old people.

All in all things are good, some things are happening and others we are waiting for them to happen.
I'm sure (and hoping) this will be the last post until after Cru has made his debut!

3 comments:

  1. Oh poor NA! I am sorry your baby is being stubborn... You cracked me up with the scooter comment tho! Love ya lady :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You let us know if you guys need anything! Especially with moving & afterwards. I don't mind bringing a meal by if you aren't in the mood to cook after Cru comes. Isn't that what LDS women do? lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. I thought I should let you know that the magic captcha for my last comment was "MUNGlor". I can't make this stuff up!!

    ReplyDelete