Monday, January 10, 2011

New year already?

I can't believe how the holidays just zipped by. I have to stop and think ok... did we have Christmas already? and what did I do for Thanksgiving?
Well the New Year means "No Traveling" for this lady.
BIG SUCK!
Last Monday (the 3rd) I had a Doctors appointment(I know it's all I do anymore, right?)
During that appt. There was blood in my urine, and I was told my cervix is thinning and that can be the cause of bleeding. Now Im not like hemorrhaging or anything so calm down. Its like as much as a good prick to the finger... ok a little more.
Needless to say while going over questions and my progress, he said something along the lines of No more traveling!
I get a lot of "feedback" from family and others saying "Pshh I have had x amount of kids and I traveled the day before" Of course I find out shortly it wasn't their first baby and after your first you know what to somewhat expect.
I like to think I won't be and I am not a crazy first time pregnant lady, but here is my reasoning for listening to my doctor...
First, I just paid this man some good money to gander at my nethers every other week and to get this kid out when the time has come.
Second, I don't want to be in a hospital in AZ, CA, or UT! I like the hospital we have here and I didn't just go stand in an hour long line to register for it.
and Third, if I was to travel one of the trips wouldn't have included Eric, so if I go into labor, I text him and say "hey baby is coming hope you can drive faster than he can slide"?
I Think not!
So forgive me for staying home and having to cancel parties and trips. But this baby has a mind of his own and until he is here, I will be in Las Vegas.
Besides, who wants my water to break in their car?

On a side note, but one that isnt too far off, Cru is still measuring a week ahead.
I can feel him getting crammed in there. One because he is all up in my business, and my business being my ribs. Two, when he moves I don't feel it in one spot anymore. He will kick or do an elbow drop on something and I will feel that movement in at least 2-3 different spots. He's filling up the space!

My nesting stage has continued... I'm either getting crazy hand-making 55 thank you notes, putting the stroller and car seat together or trying to re-organize something else.
Eric and I ordered a shelf for baby stuff and to free up room for the crib. Until that shelf gets here, I will be going crazy!

A little about the Mr.
Eric has been busting his butt with work, school and play. Mostly the first two.
He has started the 2nd semester at ITT Tech. and now goes Tuesday Wednesday and Thursday. So glad to have those Fridays back. I know next semester it will change, but Im enjoying this for now.
Work is work, I know they are moving into a new big warehouse making it be the ONLY warehouse in the valley. From what I hear this will lighten the load for the drivers and make things easier for all. I hope so.
Eric's motorcycle is ever changing. Just the other night he wrapped his exhaust pipes and re-painted a few things, I will say it looks a lot nicer with the changes. He has a few more ideas and things he wants to change and he is being awesome in the waiting department. They will happen just not all at once.

Things are good for the 3 of us. One of us has a free ride so of course he is doing great!
When he is older I will demand piggy back rides til his hips hurt! ;)

2 comments:

  1. I don't blame you for sticking around Vegas! You are just being a good MAMA!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your reasoning behind staying in Vegas until Cru is born. You made very valid, inarguable points! I also like that you used the term "all up in my business."

    ReplyDelete