Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Peek -a- Boo!!

Yesterday was the day we've all been waiting for!! Ok, not all but a lot of people!!
We had our second Ultrasound and found out the sex of our baby!
Although it has not been revealed yet, I will still show some pictures and tell you all about it.

The night before I had trouble sleeping. I was dead tired but too excited to sleep.
I woke up to go potty and I just prayed it would be past 2 by now! It was 4:30.
I laid back down, trying to sleep but I just laid there with tired eyes closed tightly.

My alarm was set for 5:30 to allow time for showering and getting ready without rushing.
At I must have dozed off for a minute or two, because at 5:25 I heard the shower turn on... DANG IT! My brother John who stays here during the week beat me to it. Oh well. I got up and made Eric's lunch and ate breakfast and chugged my 24oz of water by 6am.

I showered and got ready and we were out the door.
Eric took his work van because there was no point in driving all the way home again, and he started work a little earlier too.
We go to the doctors and waited for about 5 minutes, then into the special room we went!
It was so much fun to have Eric there.
The Ultrasound tech is my favorite! She is the sweetest and funniest lady.
The lights go out and the green cold goo goes on my tummy and right away we see a tiny skull! Perfectly faced at the "camera".
It was a shock to see it, but it was fun. We made jokes about it being dressed for halloween, and of course Eric thought it was the coolest!
After all the "boring" measuring of my other parts were done, we moved to view the baby.
It's little arms were up across it's face, then they would move. It's little feet kicked and kicked! We saw the heart and Eric got to hear it for the first time. Eric was full of questions and the sweet lady answered them all.
Then we got to see who our baby is, and wow this baby was not shy!
She told me to hold still so we could see the baby move it's mouth, so I did.... nothing.
Maybe it thought, "Oh Nap time!" Then Eric decided to get me to laugh, ya know "Shake the baby" which he tells me to stop doing all of the time.
Sure enough, that little thing was trying to hang onto something!! We saw the arms go wild, and the mouth move, probably cussing my name.
It was so much fun, I could have stayed there watching all day.
Everything checked out just fine fluids, size of the baby, etc..

The Tech gave us an estimated due date from the size of the kid, which is again Feb. 27th.
The doctors gave me one of March 2nd, so somewhere in between we can expect this sweet little thing to make an appearance.

One thing for sure, this child is NOT camera shy!

I am not sure why my camera turned these red...


This one the baby looks like an alien for sure!

2 comments:

  1. I guessed a girl on fb, but now I'm thinking it's a boy. lol Either way, I'msure it's going to be a blast! I'm so glad Eric gets to experience it all with you. I get bummed when dads don't want to be a part of all the fun stuff. I'mso excited for you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWW little alien!! I remember that appointment... I am so happy that you guys had a great experience! Keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete