Friday, September 19, 2008

Call it Puppy Love!

So after taking Chief to the dog park we wanted to wait a while until we got another dog. But since we heard that Eric's mom's dog was Prego we decided we would be taking one of those. What better way to obtain a dog right? Not only that but we can start from the beginning. Poor Chief was just too retarded and messed up in the head. So we went down to Arizona to visit and get a puppy. The drive went smooth until we couldn't find Amanda's new house so we roomed at Eric's parents. Once we saw those puppies oh man! My heart was melting! There were 3 there and we only wanted one. Then we wanted two but I had the hardest time choosing which I wanted.
I asked a friend of ours if they wanted one and they said yes! so of course they were getting the runt/sweetheart/cuddle bug.
While we were down there I was able to break away and go see my friend Danielle. I hadn't seen her since our wedding. She and I met in Tempe at Red Robin and probably sat there for about 2 hours just talking. IT was good to catch up with her. After that we walked around a few stores and then walked over by the theater where we saw.... VADER!!!!! and Storm Troopers! It was funny. They were there for a children's charity. Due to the misters that were running and making the humid weather even worse... the pictures sucked. but here you go!


Sunday morning we met up with Eric's friend Lindsay and her boyfriend for breakfast at Mimi's Cafe. It was sooo good. They had the biggest muffins I've ever seen!!!! oh and it was a fabulous party in my mouth!

Before we were ready to leave we gave all three puppies a bath. They weren't too sure about it but they managed to survive.






After bath time and good byes we packed up the pups and headed to their new home... Ours. We stopped every once in a while for potty breaks and once at a park that said no dog...

They weren't dogs they were puppies! We grabbed some food to eat while we were there and wouldn't you know there was a Whataburger right next to the park!





Eric was in heaven and even had to chat it up with the guy in the drive through. It was cute seeing him get excited over a burger joint! But I get teary eyed when it comes to laser tag so I can understand. We let the pups play for about an hour and then back into the crate. Once we got home we ran inside, peed and then headed for, at the time Olive/Lily's new home. Our friends loved her and thought she was just cute. she even cuddled right up with them. We sat and visited a while and then took our girls home. We got home and set up the puppy mansion for them and even gave them a blanket so cuddle up with. The next Day work was hard! I wanted nothing more to go home and play with the puppies! But as I was walking out the door to go home from work I got a call. It was our friend. She said her husband goes back to work and she can't handle the dog by herself. .... seriously? She offered to keep her until a new family was found but I thought it would be best to keep her with her sisters. No point in letting her lag in the learning and why should she be with people who can't love her. So I went and got back our sweetheart. It was nice to have her back. We were selling some stuff on craigslist and one lady came to pick up something and she asked about the dogs. She was interested in my Marlyn!!!! No way! Well I was still unsure of who to keep and Eric offered her Marlyn. Turns out she couldn't take her anyway. So after about 2 weeks or so we were desperate to get her a home and a family. We both knew from past pets, cough chief cough cough it is hard on a puppy to be passed around. So we sucked it up and put her on craigslist. I got many bites but all I was a little iffy about. Until I got one. Her name was Lisa and her email gave me a calm feeling. So we arranged for her to come pick her up. When she did we knew she needed and would love our sweetheart as much as we would. She was a little homely looking but very kind. She lives close and we showed her where the dog park was. We live right across the street from it. It has to be my favorite place/past time. I felt good about it and she emailed me several times thanking me and letting me know how she was doing. She named her Beanie cause of her coloring. We are glad to have the puppies and even when training gets hard we still love them!

No comments:

Post a Comment