Monday, December 14, 2009

Turkey Shoot!!!

The men in my church get together and go shooting for an event. This has been happening for as long as I can remember. Growing up I would BEG to go, but nooooooo its men only. A while back the men planned an outing for such event and invited me. I out shot most of them and of course made my dad proud once again. I was given the name shooter, which most of them men know me by now. Well This November they planned a Turkey shoot, winner gets a Frozen Turkey. On the invites... I kid you not.. It said "Help us defeat the Egbert Family" For those of you who dont know Egbert is my maiden name. We are that "terrifying" hahah! We all packed up our guns and ammo and headed out towards Nelson Nevada. It was my dad, Eric, My brother Cory and his wife Anya, My brother Denny and nephew Noah, and me. We travel in packs! We played around, I guess the men had to "warm up" haha

Then we got into the comp. There were 3 round of elimination. 4-5 people each round and the winner of each round shot in the final round. If shooter 1 missed and shooter 2 hit, one is out. If one and two miss, and 3 hits it, both one and two are out. Pretty cut throat.
So the first round, My father won. The second round, Eric won, and the Third round, I won. So the final was My father, husband and me. Sure enough, miss, miss, BAM!! I win!!!
The following Sunday one of the men had to walk in where the women meet and Deliver my prize! I think it truly SHOCKED all those ladies and at the same time, made them laugh.
The Small Turkey in my hand is Eric's trophy and mine is the big fat bird, which I took to Arizona and on Thanksgiving with my in-laws.

No comments:

Post a Comment