Sunday, June 12, 2011

Let's Catch Up!

Since my last post, Cru has turned 1, 2, and 3 months old!
He is a HUGE kid! But I wouldnt have him any other way.
Shortly after he was born, about mid March, we moved into my sisters old house. She took her tribe and upgraded to a larger home as well. It has been so nice to be on our own again, but I really do miss my mom and dad.
Before we moved into this house, we had to do some painting. Thanks to Eric and my good friend Ben, I didn't have to do any painting. They knocked it out pretty quickly and we were able to install some new fans too.This is the bathroom before we painted it!
Now it is lime green on top and brown on the bottom.
It's pretty dang cute if you ask me!

I have had a lot of fun living down the street from Shelly, we are about 2 minutes driving, and I am always over there. We have traded off babysitting a lot and it is so nice to be able to run errands whatever without lugging Cru around.

At the end of April we took our first road trip to Arizona with Cru. We went down there for a late baby shower. We would have had it before be the doctor put the stop to that. He didn't want me traveling so huge. We borrowed Shelly's van and DANG that was nice. We weren't cramped in there, I was able to ride in the back with Cru if I needed to. Right before we left, we had the van and EVERYTHING packed, so I bathed Cru, and fed him then off we went and he slept just about the whole way! We made to to Wickenburg before we stopped to feed him. It was nice.
The shower was on Saturday and on Sunday was Eric's brothers confirmation. Two birds with one stone! Cru was a good boy the whole time, I really lucked out with how mellow he is.

May has been crazy! I signed up as a Heritage Makers Publishing Consultant, and I have been having a BLAST with it! I've made canvases for Cru's room, our living room, I've made Cru a little Gospel ABC book, and now I am working on finally putting our wedding pictures into a book!! I will touch on that a little later.
My mom went in for a 5way by pass, she had the whole family worrying over her. It's sad to think of her in the hospital. Shelly and I were able to go out to the hospital quite a bit and because there was a 2 person rule, we switched off watching Cru in the lobby.
The surgery went well and she had a speedy recovery! It's hard to keep her resting. She has always been a busy body and she doesnt want to stop.
We were also able to get Cru's crib! I started painting his tree on his wall and now I need to find my leaf stencil and finish it! I am excited to get it done. My mom is making some cute curtains for his room with little owls on them, and if we have enough fabric we will make a bumper pad out of the same fabric.
It has been fun planning out his room. I have covered some of his shelves with Contact paper that has blue and brown dots on it. I need to finish those too.

June-
On June 5th we blessed Cru!
I have waited patiently for our turn... April was my nieces baby blessing, and May we were in Arizona, so June was out turn. Two other babies were blessed the same day, but Cru towered over them in size for sure!! After his blessing he crapped himself, ruining his outfit and mine! I had poo all down my skirt and shirt! :( I even had on a new outfit!
I kept the top part on and wrapped him in a blanket for the remainder of church.
After we went to my parents for lunch, we had pot roast, potatoes, carrots, onions and some salad. It was soooo good. Eric's family was able to come for the blessing and I'm glad they were able to see Cru blessed.
My dad gave Cru his blessing and it was such a good one, no two blessings are the same and that makes it so much more special. I know Cru will be such an example to his friends and family. He is already an amazing kid, I just love him!

The next night we went to bed, and I woke up at 3am to feed Cru, we were back in bed by 4. I dozed off then woke up with a really bad stomach ache. I tossed and turned a little and finally got up and ate some crackers. Maybe I was hungry? After a bit I had trouble breathing and started to get pains in my back and under my sternum. After praying on what to do, I finally woke up Eric and told him I couldnt breathe! I told him it could be my gallbladder, and told him to call Shelly. He told her what was going on, and she was right over to get Cru, and we left for the hospital. We now live 2-3 minutes from the hospital too, which is fabulous! We went into the ER and got checked in, and back to a bed. Those pains were by far the worst things I have ever had! I'd rather be in labor every day. Once we saw the doctor, he gave me some pain meds, I remember him saying it was stronger than morphine. I believe him, once they put that in there, WEW! I was feeling GOOD! At one point they did an ultrasound on me, and I guess I was telling jokes to the lady, poor thing. They said I was passing stones. They gave me the number for a surgeon and said I can have it removed. Bleh... I have had two more attacks but they gave me pills for them until I have the surgery done. It is very hard to schedule your own surgery ya know! I keep pushing it off, but after last nights attack, I will be calling tomorrow.

Yesterday, we went swimming at my parents house. Some of my family was there, and it was nice. Cru got to put his feet in for a little bit, but I decided it was way too cold for him. Then seconds after wrapping him in his towel, he was asleep. Getting his feet wet was enough to wear him out I guess.

Later that night I went to Shelly's house(told you I am there a lot) and played some games with her, two cousins and Shelly's friend Tina. We played Quelf, and goodness! That game is hilarious! Lot's of fun!

So there is our little recap, we have been busy but it's mostly play! That is never a bad thing!







1 comment:

  1. I wish I was as efficient as you at blog updates! Now that you're a HM consultant you're free to have all of my hosting stuff! Just give me a rang any time.

    ReplyDelete