Thursday, January 8, 2009

I do believe that money goes in my pocket...

So I've attended two Shop Smart/Coupon shows. The first I said hey this is cool... and then I looked at the web site a few times... It was always in the back of my head and I wanted to be able to get great deals at places other than costco or sams club. I never did anythign about it. I've heard stories and seen the final product of those stories but it still was never enough to really get me going. Well my sister and sister in law hosted a show the other night. I bought my RJ subscription for I can get the coupons from those instead of hoping for the massive pile in the mail. Well yesterday I got on line and went to the site. I saw Albertsons had a ton of deals going on. so without a newspaper I clicked the links to the online coupons. I put them all in order and made sure I knew how many to get. I took my friend Rachel and we went at about 10:30pm or so. The store was empty and quiet and we just did our thing... well I did my thing. She made jokes like "are you going underground?" or "Diana has her food storage" Cause realy it looked as if I was stocking up for the end of the world. We strolled through each isle and sometimes more than 4 times. haha. but I got it all. I was nervous for sure. the what ifs were kicking in... what if they wont take em... I shook it off and we hit the counter. I asked the cashier if she'd like the coupons first. It didnt matter so I loaded my goods onto the counter and tore off the last few coupons I didnt get to cutting. My total was up there for sure... 240.49 was the totatl. then I entered my prefered savings number and the numbers were going down. It was like gamblings but obviously the opposite way. I wanted it low..... Then she added all the coupons and it kept going down. My out of pocket cost was 106.39. I saved 134.10! INSANE! PLUS the little coupon machine started kicking out 5 dollars off your next purchase and those totaled up to 60 bucks, but thats not all! I didnt notice at first but at the bottom it said you have earned .25 cents off per gallon of gas, up to 20 gallons. Total SCORE! There is an Albertsons gas station right by my house so guess who will be paying less than 1.50 for gas next time, ME! I was so excited. Even though there was a TON of stuff I wanted that I needed Newspaper coupons for, I still made out.

Here are some pictures of my winnings! (and I know... that IS a ton of hamburger helper, but guess who wont need some soon...)



And these are the golden tickets!


I am so glad I did this. It really did help light a fire under my butt. Too often I don't go shopping at the grocery stores because I can save with bulk buying, but really bulk buy is limited... and "who wants to be eating chimini-changas all year? not me."

Oh and did I meantion 2 of the Progresso soups were not only FREE but I made .20 off of them?

4 comments:

  1. AWESOME!! Isn't this the greatest? I love seeing other people's savings. I just made my list for Albertsons today. I better get there before everyone else gets it all. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah no kidding! Especially if someone has found as many hamburger helper coupons as i did. and the bell peppers were ALL gone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Makes grocery shopping fun, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  4. WHAT?! I need the secret to bulk buying at Albertsons! You MUST fill me in on the goods...

    ReplyDelete